Sunday, February 17, 2008

~Tea Towels

When Alicia started talking about a set of tea towels that she was designing, I was looking forward to buying the patterns and making the tea towels. And then, she decided to be super nice and she has offered them free of charge!



I liked each design very much, but Sunday's design puzzled me, as I didn't know what it was supposed to be. Alicia referred to it as a "cheese lady". A quick Google search revealed that a cheese lady is a piece of Polish pottery, so named because it is used for serving cheese (and sometimes pancakes.)



And even though I have never set my eyes on a cheese lady up until now, I really want one. Even though I do not collect pottery, even though I do not serve wedges or wheels of cheese, and even though I do not serve pancakes often. I just think they are so neat! For now I will have to enjoy Sunday's tea towel.

The towels are edged with fabric binding, which I thought was a lovely touch. The first picture shows three fabrics which I've bought so far. I still have to hunt down four more prints.

Polish Cheese Lady image source

9 comments:

Kathy, Jeff's Wife said...

I'm LOVIN it!

Ruth said...

There are a bunch of cheese ladies on ebay. I have a few pieces of Polish pottery and love them.

I like the idea of the fabric binding. Thanks for sharing.
Ruth

Scribbit said...

The pancake idea is GOLD. We're a big pancake family over here and that would be perfect--love the black and white too.

Kim said...

Oh-h-h-h! I want one too! I checked out ebay and they have lots!

Alicia P. said...

Sob! I'm so pleased you are enjoying the pattern, and it looks absolutely fantastic!

Tammy said...

Thanks, Alicia! =)

Tammy said...

I'll have to look on e-bay. Thanks for the tips. =)

Unknown said...

Very nice job.

Jodi said...

Alicia did an amazing job of capturing the little lady into an embroidery design! She is quite charming ... I can see why you want one.