Thursday, September 04, 2008

~Rain~

Lighted Candles and Brick Wall by Michele Molinari
Lighted Candles and Brick Wall


Today was a perfectly wonderful day weatherwise. It was dark, cool, and rainy all day long. I love rainy weather! I lit candles in the living and dining room and enjoyed the gloom. :-)

I have always loved rainy weather. Growing up in California, during a drought, it was especially nice to get rain. Rain usually falls in the winter in California, so it has taken me a while to get used to rain in the summer here in Michigan.

Today was the perfect day to finish my baby blanket. However, it wasn't the perfect day to photograph it! Hopefully tomorrow...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

it was raining here too! it was really nice! I love the rainy weather too. Although, you would think I'd hate it. lol. oh well. I especially love a downpour.

Anonymous said...

I love rainy days too! Candles help to make them feel extra cozy...
Congratulations on your pregnancy!

Mrs. U said...

Very pretty photo, Tammy!! Good job!!

Rainy days, as well as overcast days, just make me plain old tired. Give me sunny days and I'm full of life!!

Enjoy the rain up there, dear soon-to-be-mommy!

His,
Mrs. U

Anonymous said...

I've been enjoying the rain too!--We sure did need it. (o:

Tori Leslie said...

No rain here, it's as hot as it was August 1st. The Croats said they have never seen weather life this before, history in the making.

Can't wait to see the blanket.

Unknown said...

I forgot that you have an Etsy.com store.
I've been purchasing many of our renewal ceremony items from the various vendors.
I'm so hooked that I have it saved on my Favorites.
I hope you, your husband and baby are doing fine.

Jenn said...

I love the sound of rain, it is so soothing!! If it goes on for days at a time, the darkness can "get to me" but for a short while to candle glow is certainly nice!!