Thursday, November 06, 2008

~Just saying hello~

It has been a gorgeous fall so far! This week we've had weather in the low 70's! That is very unusual weather for the beginning of November, but I'll take it!!! It's hard to believe the snow will be flying soon, when it is so warm and sunny out.

I am still feeling yucky with my morning sickness, thus the lack of posting. I'm trying to figure out what I want to do with blogging once I feel better. I've enjoyed blogging over the last 3 years, and I'm not quite ready to give up on it. But I know that my blogging lacks a lot right now. I also will be one of those protective mother hen-types and won't be posting any pictures or details of our little one. I've given it a lot of thought, actually way before we were even expecting. It's hard, because I really would love to share with my dear bloggy friends, but I realize in sharing, I'm sharing with the whole www...and that scares me.

My house is torn up right now because Kevin is completely redoing what was my sewing room. It will be the nursery. I'm terribly excited about how it is turning out! When it is finished (in a few weeks) I will share pictures of the whole process. :-)

I celebrated my birthday last Sunday. It was my most unbirthdayish birthday ever. LOL We actually celebrated on Monday, since Sunday was so busy. =) With the state of the economy, some restaurants are having special deals at the beginning of the week - we went to a steak house and got two meals for $13. Of course, you have to select off a special menu, but I thought it was worth it to go on Monday instead of over the weekend. I had steak, Kevin had chicken. We both got two sides and we left very satisfied. My steak was 6 oz, and I only ate half of it, so Kevin had steak and eggs for breakfast the next day. :-) The meals weren't skimpy at all (unless of course you want a larger steak!), plus it felt great to walk out of a nice restaurant and have spent less than $20! So anyhow, I thought I'd throw that out there...you can check around and see if restaurants in your area are offering deals like that - there are several that do this in our area. It makes business sense for the restaurant: the place was packed for a Monday night and people were waiting in the lobby for seats.

Lastly, I wanted to share some Etsy shops with you. :-)
Susan is selling handmade cards. They all look so pretty!
Her daughter Beth is selling jewelry. I've purchased two sets of earrings for birthday gifts for my sisters.
Heather has restocked her shop with colorful box bags. I can think of so many uses for these!

Have a great day!

14 comments:

Monika @ Lovely Bookshelf said...

I'm so glad you mentioned Etsy - my younger sister makes handmade cards and has been wanting me to make her a website, but I think Etsy would be a much smarter way to go!

Nikki said...

waaa, I will be sad not to know about the baby!

Can I suggest something?!?! How about making your blog private for only the readers you invite? I have Bethany's that way.

Just a thought.

Praying for you and glad you had a nice birthday dinner on Monday.

Heather said...

Tammy, I really hope you are feeling better soon. I will keep praying for you and your little one! I am eager to see the nursery pics. We are going to have to start fixing up our own nursery soon, so we can be prepared when our time comes.

Thanks also for mentioning my shop - I really appreciate it.

Anonymous said...

Tammy,

I think you are *so wise* to protect your little one like that. I guess I just feel like children deserve their privacy instead of having their lives posted about on the Internet.

Of course I'll miss knowing all of the details too but I admire and appreciate your decision. (o:

Mom of Five said...

I understand about wanting to protect your children. When I started my blog, my dh and I agreed that we would only post pictures of our children that didn't show their faces.

This way, I could still photograph cute things I make for them, but I have to do it from the back, side, or with the head cut off, lol.

Joyce's Ramblings said...

Tammy,
When my children were little there was no internet and we took pictures and sent them out. Too much is seen on-line now a days.
Hope you are feeling better soon.
I am thinking of the old hymn in regards to how you feel-Worth It All. It will be worth it all.
Belated birthday wish also.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tammy!

I just wanted to say how much I enjoy your blog, but I totally understand that you don't blog as often as you used to. Obviously living life is much more important than blogging about life.

I'm so sorry you've not felt good with this morning sickness. It sounds like you and Kevin had a nice time for your birthday celebration. Isn't it wonderful that restuarnts are paring back the prices? I for one think $30 or $40 for a nice meal out is outrageous.

Blessings,

Trixie

atelierlemlem said...

Hi Tammy, I love to wish you a (late) happy birthday!!
Maybe you will feel better soon.
I am a mom of four and I only blog about ones a week, works perfectly for me...

Anonymous said...

Hi Tammy. I don't blame you one bit for not sharing personal info on the internet. I see mothers posting pics and telling all about the daily lives of their children, and THAT'S what scares me.
Congratulations. I'm so happy for you.

Unknown said...

Do what's best for you. It's about taking care and protecting your children. Thats what makes you a fantatic mom.

Enjoyed visiting your blog and take care of you and your new family!

Susan said...

Happy belated birthday!!! I need to write it on my calendar so I won't forget it.

Thanks for the mention of our shops! We appreciate it!

Mrs. U said...

Happy (very late) birthday!!!!!!!! Sounds like y'all had a wonderful (day late) celebration!!!!

His,
Mrs. U

Jodi said...

Happy Belated Birthday to you! :o)

Becky said...

Tammy,
Someone already mentioned it and I'm thinking about it too -- making your blog private, or having a separate blog for kiddos/family stuff that is private/friends-only? It's an interesting situation to be in, to share or not to share!
Have a great day!