Tuesday, July 17, 2012

~A Little Bit of Knitting~


I have always liked hand knit dishcloths. Until I start using them. And then they are so thick and hard to use that I don't like them...but I always seem to be drawn to knitting them.

Awhile back I thought I should make a dishcloth with thinner yarn. So I am. I like the way it is knitting up. I'm using 100% cotton yarn from my stash, size 3 needles. I knit a bit at a time, while I sit and watch my daughter play in sand, while something Not too Riveting is on TV. Little by little and then it will be done, and I can decide if I like knitted dishcloths or if it is just the idea of knitted dishcloths which appeals to me.

The pattern is based on the popular dishcloth pattern, many sources online. I am knitting three stitches instead of two before the yarn over.

5 comments:

Charity said...

Cute! My dishcloths are what generally travels with me constantly - even though I haven't been knitting often. I love to use them too, though...`

Monica said...

I love knitting dishcloths ... I think because it is a project easily started and finished. Let us know how you like one made up with the smaller yarn :)

Becky Dempsey said...

My mom makes knit dishclothes all the time. It's all I use now :) They are much better after being washed a few times, though.

Ruth said...

My problem with the dishclothes I've knit or crocheted is that they stretch out when wet and are too "holey." Maybe I just knit too loosely.

Carlene said...

I don't knit, but I love knitted dishcloths. I received one once as a gift and it was the best dishcloth I had. I liked it so much better than the store-bought cloths.