Thursday, October 11, 2012

~Spinach Quiche~

Last year, I was looking for a recipe to take to a brunch, and I stumbled across this Spinach Quiche recipe. It was delicious! What sets it apart from all other quiche recipes is the cheese crust! I was sold at the word "cheese". LOL I've made it several times over for various breakfasts and brunches, and I took it this morning to a potluck brunch I attended. So good. I would show you a picture, but: I was racing out the door with a hot quiche to try to make it on time, and I came home with an empty pie plate!

Here is my version--

Spinach Quiche

Crust:
1 1/2  cups grated cheddar cheese
3/4 cup flour
1/2 t. salt
1/4 t. dry mustard
1/2 cup melted butter

Filling:
1 (10 1/2 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
1 cup whole milk -OR- 1 cup evaporated (canned) milk
1/4 t. nutmeg
4 eggs
salt and pepper

Directions:
Cook frozen spinach, and drain well. While spinach is cooking, mix all ingredients for the crust together. Press into an 8- or 9-inch deep dish pie plate. Set aside. Mix together milk, nutmeg, eggs, salt and pepper, beating well. Stir in drained spinach. Pour into crust.

Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes; then at 350 for 20-30 minutes.

No comments: