Friday, April 05, 2013

~Apron Dress~

Last week I sewed one of my daughter's dresses. I finished it Saturday, and she wanted to wear it. It was cold outside, but why not? We need our spring to get more springy! 
 

I like the way it turned out. It was simple enough. Bias tape application is never my favorite, but I always seem drawn to things with bias tape on them, so I just soldier through.

I made a size 4 in a size 5 length, Butterick B5019. It's a little big, but at the rate my daughter is growing she'll probably outgrow it by the end of the summer! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

our spring does need to get more springy. at least the bulbs are starting to burst out of the ground. finally!

Charity said...

So cute and springy!!! For what it's worth, this has been a rather cool spring down here as well! :) Although quite a bit warmer than you all are, I'm sure!

Susan said...

So cute! I don't blame her for wanting to wear it right away! Spring is here, but it keeps forgetting every few days and turns off chilly and cloudy again. But the nice days are wonderful - sunny and not too hot!

Anonymous said...

Adorable!