Friday, November 01, 2013

~November!~

On this first day of November:

Rain. It is raining, a drizzly type of rain that picks up and lets off every once in a while.

Presents. I'm sewing for Christmas! I'm so excited about my project(s), but I will have to refrain from actually saying what they are or showing pictures until after Christmas, because some of the recipients read my blog.

Apples. I'm so over the apples I dragged home a few weeks back. I was so proud of myself being proverbial and all ("she bringeth her food from afar", don't you know) but now I still have 3/4 of a bushel of apples still in my kitchen. That'll teach me to start thinking of myself as a Proverbs 31 woman. ;-) I shouldn't be so down on myself because I've actually worked through a lot of them, including a batch yesterday. But I just see those apples and....le sigh...it's so much work still!


Apples! 5 half bushels, plus a half bushel of squashes thrown in for good measure.
But: blue jars! I bought some blue jars on clearance and I had the brilliant idea (yesterday, while I was standing at the stove stirring my sauce) to can white beans in them. Oh my, I can hardly wait. They will look so pretty! So I need to get the apples done so I can work on the beans. And then I'm going to haul all my canning equipment downstairs and be done with canning!

My birthday: tomorrow. How is it that I'm getting so close to 40? I feel like I just turned 30, and here I am, turning 30-something-rhymes-with-Kevin. Hmmm. Kevin and our daughter went out shopping and got my presents several weeks ago, so that has been dangling over my head. My daughter is a good little surprise keeper, so I have no clue as to what I'm getting.

Happy November!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Me too, but I've had a few months to get accustomed to being that old! Happy Bday!

Deb said...

Belated Happy Birthday, Tammy!! We're just home from a conference so I'm catching up on all my blogs I missed while away. Sorry that I'm seeing this late....hope your birthday was wonderful, especially with all the surprises.

Julie said...







Happy Birthday!
hope you have a lovely day!






jen said...

Happy birthday ! Many happy returns-

Charity said...

Happy November and a belated happy birthday!! Hope your day was wonderful!!

Tammy said...

Thank you for the birthday wishes! I had a very nice day!