Friday, February 21, 2014

~On This Friday~

Simple things making me smile today:

:::a mug of hot coffee to wrap my hands around
:::kimchi prepped and sitting on the counter
Not "his and hers", just the jars that it fit into this time around. LOL 

:::my shelf full of cast iron goodness (with a random butternut squash, ha!)


:::the ice-skating penguin who lives on my griddle


:::quiet time postponed to make cookies with my girl


:::laundry that is all caught up
:::my daughter's art
:::tea, for after I've had too much coffee...

See? I am smiling:


This winter has not been for the faint of heart! We have had our due share of snow, ice, and below-freezing weather. The last 24 hours we saw sun, rain, sleet, wind, and then today? more snow, snow, snow! Craziness. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This winter has worn on me too!

Carolyn said...

I'd love to know how you make your kimchi. Can you give your recipe or a link? Thanks.

Tammy said...

Carolyn, this recipe is my basic recipe: http://www.chow.com/recipes/29505-basic-napa-cabbage-kimchi-kimchee

I reduce the salt to 2 T, do not use the shrimp, and instead of the red pepper powder which I couldn't find, I use a red pepper paste that uses the kochukaru pepper. Hope that helps! There are so many kimchi recipes out there! :)

Tammy said...

Oops - I reduce the salt to 1/4 c. not 2 T. Though it is salty enough I could probably reduce it even further!

Carolyn said...

Thanks. I've been wanting to try some and yours looks sooo good.