Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Baby Afghan

My sister (#7 in the lineup) just had her first baby - a little girl. I'm so happy for her and her husband!

When we moved to South Carolina, we were in a little apartment and we only had one car since we'd sold Kevin's truck. I was bored, so I decided to pick up some yarn and make my sister a baby afghan.


I decided on machine-washable yarn, because new moms don't need to be worried about hand washing wool blankets! I also added a garter border on all sides so that the edges would not curl.


This was a free pattern (found here...scroll down) and it was very easy to follow. Link to my Ravelry project here, for yarn and pattern details.

I enjoyed making this so much that I offered to make one for another sister who is also expecting baby #1 (also a girl).

2 comments:

Becky Dempsey said...

The blanket is cute. I love the colors.

Tammy said...

Thank you! I love the pink and gray too!

I'm working on the 2nd afghan now, and it is almost finished. Since my sister is here, I thought she'd like to pick the colors. She chose brighter colors. As soon as I finish it I'll share it here!