Monday, December 04, 2006

~A peek into my sewing room~

With part of my birthday money, I bought a print of my favorite painting. Can you guess what it might be?

Oh, just look around my blog a bit...

On Saturday I got it framed at Hobby Lobby. They are quite reasonable when it comes to their labor costs. I was very pleased. They initially framed it without doing anything to the print, because they thought the print was on heavy enough paper. However, it did buckle a little in the frame. So I had them dry mount it. I'm not sure excatly what is involved with dry mounting, but it bonds the entire print to a poster board, and it won't ripple under the frame. I highly recommend it if you're getting a nice print framed!

Now hanging in my sewing room, "A Special Moment" by Emile Munier:



Now it will be the first thing I see when I go in my sewing room. This print just makes me smile. I absolutely love it! (Maybe it will make ironing go by a little faster? Maybe it will help me keep my sewing room picked up? Hmmm...)

Oh, and another exciting thing about this print? I get to cross off yet another item from my 101 List! My list says "frame prints", but with the size of this one, I've determined one is enough for such a small room.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's good to know that they are reasonable. We don't have one of those around here, is it like Michael's? I've never had anything framed, but I have a nice poster print from art.com that reminds me of this one a little....it's of a little girl reading and I need to have it framed one of these years =P

Looks great and cozy!

Jenn

Hofwoman said...

I love your sewing room :) The picture is so sweet - I am so glad that you were able to get it!

Happy Late Birthday :)

Paula said...

Looks like you found the perfect spot for your print! Maybe I need to add some artwork to my laundry room for inspiration...

Blessings,
Mrs. C

Anonymous said...

Tammy, your new picture makes your niche so cozy and inviting. You have such classic taste. Blessings!

Cherish the Home said...

It looks so nice! I bet it's such a pleasant room to be in.

Blessings,
~Mrs.B

Anonymous said...

That's so sweet looking! My momma would love that print as well.

Kelli said...

Tammy, your new picture is beautiful and looks wonderful in your sewing room!
Kelli

Mishel said...

Your sewing room looks so pretty and organized!

Anonymous said...

A picture that I love hanging on the wall just draws me into a room. Your picture is beautiful, and your sewing room looks very cosy! :o)

Amy said...

It's lovely Tammy! Have you ever been to artrenewal.org? (or maybe that's where you ordered this from). I've been wanting to order some prints fromt there someday.

Anonymous said...

I like you new picture...so appropriate for a sewing room!

Julieann said...

The picture is darling:)

Julieann:)

Kristi said...

I love your picture and I love Hobby Lobby. We have one here too.

Victorian children are a favorite of mine. :)

~Kristi

Tammy said...

Jenn--Hobby Lobby is like Michaels, only a little more refined. LOL

Mishel--it's less organized than you think! I moved all the junk out of the way for the picture. ROFL. It wasn't too bad though, mostly stuff from projects I had been working on.

Amy--I haven't been to the website you mentioned. I'll have to take a look at it.

Thanks for all the compliments! I love going in to my sewing room just to look at my print! :-)