Friday, December 01, 2006

~Saturday's Fun~

Last Saturday, Holly and I worked outside from about 11:30 to 5 p.m. We didn't think to take a before picture, and the "during" pictures feature two hobo-looking gals. LOL We were quite a sight!

There is a hill in the back of our yard. The yard is flat up to the barrier, and then it juts up to the neighbor's back yard. Actually, our neighbor owns halfway down. Since there are no barrier lines, we did clean out a lot of their property. I'm sure they won't mind! =)

Here's the after picture:


Imagine, if you will, three whole truckfuls of leaves, branches, and vines. It was such a huge job, and I'm so thankful for my sister's help! We were planning on planting daffodils, but we ran out of steam (and daylight). So unless the weather suddenly turns spring-like again, I'll wait till next year to plant the daffs! (I haven't purchased them yet.)

There are lilacs planted along the barrier, which hide the hill from view during spring and summer.

Incidentally, this is another item I get to cross off my 101 list!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks good - neat & tidy! :o) It'll look beautiful with daffodils blooming (okay, considering today's temps - lol - probably in Spring '08 - it's good to have a plan!).

Shari said...

i'm so glad you had such a good time with your sister. i have a sister too, and she's my best friend ever, she's actually over right now. we work as sunday school teachers together. we love to spend a ton of time together.

Anonymous said...

Yay! I love it when I can slash away at my 101 list!

Julieann said...

Great Job, Tammy:) It looks good.

Julieann:)

Anonymous said...

Looks great!