Saturday, December 30, 2006

~I'm B-aaaaack!~

Hello, everyone! I'm back to blogging! I hope everyone had a blessed Christmas!

(Warning: L-o-n-g post ahead!)

Aaaah! What a lovely vacation I have had! When I commenced my blogging vacation, I had a few days left in which to get ready for our trip. It seemed as though everything was screaming for my attention. I buckled down and got everything done that needed doing, and we had a fantastic vacation!

We winged our way over to the West coast:


We stayed with Kevin's mom and her husband, and had a great time with them.

I got to MIRL (Meet In Real Life) a dear friend of mine, Susan. We have been friends for about two years now, I believe. She and I first met on a message board, and then we started instant messaging each other. When I realized it might be possible to meet up with her this Christmas, I was so excited!

Here we are:


We got coffee at Starbucks, and talked like...old friends! We had a great time together! Susan has been an incredible blessing to me this past year, and I'm extremely grateful for her friendship!

Later on that same day, we went over to Annecourager's house for dinner. Her husband was my husband's youth pastor when he was a teenager. We had a delightful (albeit short) visit with their family. Click over to Annecourager's to see a picture of me with my eyes closed. LOL



Then we made our way from Washington on down to California to see my family.

California has something that Michigan does not:

Sadly, they have discontinued the one item I wanted to order! (Sigh)

I couldn't believe how close I got to this hummingbird:

It was twilight, and I had to use the flash...but still...I was so close to the hummingbird! I haven't seen hummingbirds since last September! I guess they all made their way to warmer weather (I can't blame them!).

Sunday morning (Christmas Eve), we received the sad news that my great-grandmother had passed away. The last time I saw her was last Christmas:


We had planned on seeing her on Tuesday, but God called her home before then. I'm happy that she was a devout Christian, believing in the Lord as her Savior, and she is with Him. I will miss my Grandma Lydia!

Christmas morning tradition: all gifts opened at my mom's parent's house. Everyone typically gets a gift for everyone, so the tree room is bulging with gifts.


These are some of the gifts that appeared under the tree:


I made a scarf for most of my sisters. Not pictured is the hat that I made for my brother. I have previously blogged about some of these scarves, but I stopped blogging about them, because I didn't want my sisters to get suspicious. =)

Tuesday Kevin and I took off for some time for the two of us. We stayed at the coast.



The last picture is one of our favorite spots to visit, near Big Sur. This waterfall is the only waterfall in North America to flow directly into the ocean. It takes a little hike, and then you're there. Just gorgeous!

We also drove to San Francisco, and I had the nerve-shattering privilege fun of driving into the city. Kevin had been extremely sleepy while driving, so I had taken the wheel for him. I got to drive down Lombard Street. That was totally cool. Otherwise, I would have been happy to let Kevin drive! =)

Home again, home again, jiggedy-jog...our vacation time is used up, and Tuesday it's life back to normal!

Since I downloaded over 300 pictures from our trip, I'm sure I'll have a few more to share! I think this is enough for the time being though (especially for those of you with dial up! Sorry!).

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! :)

My husband's family is in the Seattle area. :) Glad you had a good vacation!

Susan said...

Welcome home! I'm so glad you're back - I missed you even though I got to see you! LOL It looks like you had a great time with all your family. I'm so sorry to hear about your great-grandma, though. Looking forward to seeing more pics and hear more about your trip!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous scenery!!! Glad you are back safe and sound. Happy New year!

Anonymous said...

Hi Tammy,

Glad you had a good vacation. Back to normal for me on Tuesday too. It goes so FAST! It was indeed beautiful scenery. The scarves were terrific.

take care,

Trixie

Joyce's Ramblings said...

Welcome Back! Sorry that you lost your greatgrandma, but she has gained and is in her new home with God.
Happy New Year and God Bless

Amy said...

Love the pictures - looking forward to seeing more. Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures!

Just wanted to stop by and wish you and your family the happiest and most blessed of new years!

Sarah Joy said...

The only time I got to go on Lombard street was when the driver (my cousin) was really really lost! I've been lost elsewhere in San Fransisco and seen quite a lot of the city. Maybe it would be even more fun if we went there just to look and not look for a way to get out! What were you after on the Carl's Jr. menue? Welcome back!

I'm sorry about your grandmother. Isn't the hope of heaven a beautiful thing?

Anonymous said...

Wow, you had a very busy Christmas holiday, didn't you? But it does sound like you had a wonderful time. I'm so sorry to hear about your great grandmother. I'm so glad she was saved and that you have fond memories of her.

It's wonderful that you got to meet Susan. That is so neat. I hope to be meeting another one of our blogging friends in the near future, Lord willing. :)

~Kristi

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had a wonderful trip. I am so sorry to hear about your great-grandmother.

Welcome home!

Jennwith4 said...

So glad you had a great time at Christmas!

Tammy said...

Thank you, everyone, for you sweet comments and condolences! I appreciate them so much!

Roberta said...

How neat to see you with Susan and Anne.

I am sorry to hear that you were unable to see your Grandma, I rejoice that she is with Jesus, it is still hard when you miss someone you love so dearly.

Kim C. said...

Tammy,
I don't think I've told you yet: I loooove your new template!
I loved your old one too, but the new one is fresh and beautiful - like all of Susie's work. I'll bet you are thrilled!

Tammy said...

Thank you, Kim! I love my template too! I liked my old one, but change is always nice, right? =) Susie does awesome work!