Friday, December 01, 2006

~South Haven~

On Tuesday while my sister Holly was here, I took the day off work, and we went to South Haven. It was a good bit away, but well worth the drive.

On the way there, we passed through some rain clouds and a few raindrops spluttered on the windshield. But the weather in South Haven was just gorgeous! The first thing we did upon arriving was to walk out to the lighthouse. Lighthouses always fascinate me!



Holly took this picture of us:



Since we were hungry, we then went to a cafĂ© called Captain Nemo’s and had lunch. Nothing fancy, but the food was good! We split a plate of fish and french fries. I would have preferred fish and chips, but both the fish and the fries were delicious!

Then we set out to visit the shops. Here’s a note if you’re ever inclined to visit South Haven: every day but Tuesday is a good day to go browsing through stores! A good portion of the shops were closed on Tuesdays. However, we did find plenty of shops to look through. We enjoyed our time very much.

I picked up a brochure for a B&B in South Haven. It seems like the perfect vacation spot!

After Holly and I left South Haven, we headed out to Marr Haven, a wool shop. While the South Haven web site posted it as a shop to visit, it wasn’t very near South Haven. We had a nice drive through the country though! While I was in looking at the wool, Holly was out looking at the sheep. =) Here are a few pictures she took:







I'll post pictures of the yarn I bought in a separate post.

We had a lovely day together! Perfect weather, company, and town!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tammy - what lovely pictures! It sounds like you two had a perfect day. You and your sister have the same sweet smile. :o)

Amy said...

This looks like so much fun! I love the pic of you and Holly together :)

Cherish the Home said...

Sounds like y'all had so much fun! And I agree...the picture of you two is lovely. (o:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you had fun with your sister. I like your pictures, especially the lighthouse and the the picture of the two of you together.

Anonymous said...

We really enjoy going to South Haven. We've stayed at the Carriage House a few times and liked it quite well. The evening spread and breakfast are both excellent. I'm not sure if that's the B&B you were looking at, but just thought I would mention it. :-)