Saturday, July 14, 2007

~Thanksgiving in July, Part 4~

Since I didn't blog yesterday, this is "Part 4" instead of "Day 4", of my posts of thankfulness to the Lord.

We as Christians have so many things to be thankful for. Not only do we have a promised home in heaven, we have the Lord Jesus with us always. What wonderful comfort we have in those promises!

I do not know if this week has been one of testing because I publicly said I was going to be thankful, but I do know that I have grown closer to the Lord by seeking to thank Him and be in a thankful attitude!

Today, I am thankful for:

***the rain! As Kevin said, "Free water!" As many people do, we pay for our water based on usage. This summer has been dry, and we've needed to water our lawn quite frequently. The recent rain has eliminated the need to turn the sprinklers on...at least for a day or two!


***The anticipation of shopping at IKEA! We are going there this afternoon! I love IKEA...great prices, huge store, great items, and great cinnamon rolls. *Grin*

***A nice, long conversation with my Mom this morning.

Have a very nice Saturday!

3 comments:

Joyce's Ramblings said...

It seems you are having a blessed day. I'm happy for you.

Cherish the Home said...

What a neat idea.--these posts were lovely to read!

I'm sorry you had a hard day a couple of days ago but your attitude through it all was great. (o:

Blessings,
~Mrs.B

Tori Leslie said...

I just had to comment on this one. I LOVE IKEA!!!

Been to the one in Austria and Hungary and really wanting to go to the one in Texas, hopefully before I go home. My husband hates IKEA, he said it's a big con, getting him in there and making him walk through the whole store before they let him out. Well maybe but I like it!!!