Friday, August 14, 2009

~Around the House~

Just a little update! The summer is flying by too, too fast!

My current WIP, Heather's Rivulet:


I love it! The pattern is written very well, and it is easy to follow. When I started out, it felt like I was unknitting more than knitting (which was my own fault - not the fault of the pattern!) Now that I fully comprehend the pattern, the knitting is going much smoother!

Last night, I canned 7 quarts of green beans:


Such a lot of work, but I'm looking forward to using them in the winter! Yesterday I went out and got a 5-gallon bucket of green beans from a family in our church. I still have more canning to do today, but I plan on canning the rest in pints. For our small family, I have found that I sometimes waste food if I put it up in larger quantities. I'll use the quarts for when we have company.

And then, totally worth staying up way too late to bake, blueberry focaccia:


Oh my! Seriously yummy! It is a "dessert" but I ate it for breakfast. It is more bread than dessert - it only has 1/2 cup of sugar in it. It called for 2 cups of blueberries, and I think I used more like 3 cups of blueberries. That may explain why the middle didn't cook all the way through and I had to put it back in the oven this morning. LOL It was the perfect way to use the rest of the blueberries that we had from our blueberry picking excursion!

5 comments:

Scribbit said...

I keep seeing recipes suddenly for blueberry foccacia and it's got me wanting to try it--and the pattern is so pretty!

Arlene said...

Sounds delicious! It's definitely going into my "to try" file! :o)

Susan said...

Definitely going to try the foccacia. With only a 1/2 cup of sugar, it should be ok. As long as I don't eat the whole thing at once! ;)

I love your knitting project - so pretty!

Charity said...

Everything looks yummy - the greenbeens, foccacia, and the knitting! :)

Happy summer!

Heather said...

Your scarf looks great, and your dessert looks fabulous! I had to go whip up a batch of blueberry muffins after reading this!