Friday, November 13, 2009

~No, no, say it isn't so!~

Another pair of socks felted. I should have learned my lesson when my beloved Pigs Monkeying Around socks got felted in the wash. But no, I continued machine-washing my socks. My latest pair to be ruined?



I finished these in April, 2007. I have been machine washing these for two and a half years. Two and a half years, people. What went wrong all of a sudden??? I was ready to cry when I put these on and realized they had shrunk! They are still wearable but they lack elasticity and I have to really work to get them on.

From here on out I make this promise to myself and my hand-knit socks:

I will wash socks by hand. I will wash socks by hand. I will only wash socks by hand!!!

1 comment:

Mrs.Vicki said...

I wash mine in one of those net bags and haven't had a problem yet. I do not put them in the dryer though, just hang them up to dry.