Thursday, February 04, 2010

~Happy February!~

I can't believe we turned a calendar page already! January just flew by!

I am growing basil on my kitchen counter top. I didn't know if it would be too cold or if it would get enough sun, but I thought I'd give it a try. I set out to do this last November, but who carries seeds in November? No one around here! So I waited till the seeds came out in stores. And guess what? my seeds are coming up! Which makes me do a little happy dance. ;-)



Do you like to spell? Have I found the book for you! So You Think You Can Spell; Killer Quizzes for the Incurably Competitive and Overly Confident, by David L. Grambs and Ellen S. Levine. I checked this out of the library yesterday and last night I was doing spelling quizzes and all of a sudden it was 11 o'clock! So far my best scores are 16 out of 20, which isn't too bad!

(Picture and link from Amazon.com)

The weather has been cold, cold, cold! I'm ready for spring already! I dug up most of my bulbs last fall since they weren't flowering very well, so I don't have much color to look forward to this early spring. Next fall I will make it a priority to plant some bulbs! But first on the list is to make sure all the voles are out of our flowerbeds. Those little boogers drive me nuts! They can plow through a flower bed and wreak havoc!

Well...just wanted to say a February "hello!" Keep warm! =)

5 comments:

Charity said...

hmmm... now you've got me thinking I want to try planting basil inside once again. I can't wait to get my little garden going again!

I'm trying to keep warm, but it's been chilly (for TX) and wet! :) Happy February to you too!

Susan said...

Ok, I want that book! LOL I love love love to spell and do puzzles, but my library doesn't have it. I might just have to go to the bookstore for that one! ;)

Carolyn's Crafts said...

Hi! Wow you have certainly been busy! I'm just catching up!
Lots of hugs and hope you and your family are doing well.

Mrs. U said...

OOH!! Tammy, I am INSPIRED!!!! YAY!!!

I truly don't want to wish my life away, but HOLY MOLY do I look forward to getting in the dirt this Spring!!! :)

His,
Mrs. U

Rene' said...

Hey Tammy, I googled Jack's Chain and your March 2006 post came up. I love the picture of what you had accomplished. Was wondering (without having to go through all your blog posts for the last four years {grins}) if you ever finished the quilt or made any progress and have any other pictures to share. I would love to see how it progressed. I am participating in an liberated amish challenge and am thinking of making this pattern. I would love to hear if you have any suggestions. Thank you.

Rene'