Wednesday, April 18, 2012

~Lemon Garlic Linguine~


Yesterday I purchased linguine on an impulse, and then when I got home I decided that we should have it for dinner. So I went on Pinterest and searched under "linguine" and settled on this recipe.

Only I changed it all up, so it is my recipe now. ;-) I added garlic, added more cream, and cooked my sauce. While I can pull up a chair and eat my fair share of cookie dough, I can't stomach the thought of adding raw egg to a dish on purpose (though the hot pasta probably heats it sufficiently). Cooking the sauce also thickens it slightly.

half pound of linguine
2 T. butter
1/2 cup half-and-half
1 egg yolk
zest of one lemon
juice of one half lemon
3 small garlic cloves, minced
salt
pepper
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese

Cook your pasta according to directions on the box.

While the pasta is cooking, make your sauce in a small sauce pan over very low heat. Melt your butter, add the half-and-half and then whisk in the egg yolk before the cream gets hot. Add lemon zest, juice, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste. Continue whisking until it has heated through and has thickened slightly.

Add to cooked, drained pasta, coating thoroughly. Stir in Parmesan (you can certainly use fresh, but I just used the pre-grated Parmesan.)

And then: enjoy. Kevin liked it, a lot. But he said that he did not get quite the spiritual experience that I had. All through dinner last night, I was thinking about making it for lunch today. And I did. Yuuuuum.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Ooh! This looks so delicious! Yes, I imagine making a particular recipe too!

Julie said...

Sorry Tammy! Just re-read you post! You were thinking making the recipe again for lunch! If I find a recipe I like the sound of, I imagine making it all day..and hope it will live up to the expectation! Hope this makes sense!