Sunday, November 04, 2012

~Cake~

I wouldn't be such a great food blogger, because:
1) my house doesn't have any great natural light
2) and it always seems like it is dark outside when I make Awesome Food That Would Make a Good Blog Post
3) and I don't like to wait to eat - must.eat.food.now.
4) and I'm not going to make something specifically for a blog post
5) and also, see #3, I'd probably make something specifically for a blog post and then have to eat it stat. Oopsie, that's a do-over!
6) oh yeah, and I don't have 50-gazillion cool dishes (where do people keep all their odd-shaped dishes? I feel like my kitchen is a nice size but I don't have storage for so many random dishes)
7) and there's already a lot of food bloggers, so....what's really the point?

BUT I want to tell you all about this awesome cake I made!

For my birthday, Kevin got me a KitchenAid slicer/shredder attachment for my mixer. I had been contemplating buying it for myself with my Swagbucks Amazon gift cards, and I had no idea that Kevin had gotten it for me. Total suprise on my birthday!

So of course I had to make something with my new attachment! Let's see...what can I slice or shred? Carrots! What can I do with carrots? Carrot cake! Yeah!

So I made CHOCOLATE CARROT CAKE.

AWESOME!

Yes, I'm yelling. ;-) It was so good and moist, and it didn't even need 3/4"-thick sickly-sweet cream cheese frosting. LOL

I followed this recipe, subbing in carrots for the zucchini. I've made it before, with the zucchini. Both versions are seriously yum. This time around I used 1 cup coconut oil in place of the margarine and oil. And it took about 20 minutes longer than the recipe stated to bake. Not sure why!

3 comments:

emerrube said...

chocolate carrot cake sounds weird, but glad you loved it. :)

Tammy said...

It does sound weird if you think about it so you shouldn't think about it. LOL Just eat it. :D

Lili@creativesavv said...

I make chocolate-zucchini bread, but have never tried chocolate carrot cake. That sounds fabulous! And what a way to pack in the beta carotene (it's healthy, so I've got to eat it).