Thursday, November 01, 2012

~Today~

Happy November! I can't believe how fast this year has gone. November already?

Things I'm contemplating this morning:

Should I get my fall decorations out? I've been busy with canning projects and it just dawned on me that fall is almost over. I'm thinking I'll get a few things out. Maybe. Hmmm.

Searching for a good kimchi recipe. I found this one but I don't know. Have you ever made kimchi? Or eaten it? I had it for the first time at a potluck. First taste: this is the grossest thing I've ever eaten. Second taste: well, it's not so bad. Third taste: hmmm, this might be good after all. Fourth taste: let me dish up some more!

Should I get more apples? Due to unseasonably warm weather last March, most of the apple crop in western Michigan was ruined. There are still apples to be had - just more expensive than usual. So far I have made 17 pints of applesauce. That's slightly less than last year's applesauce making adventure of 46 pints....

And, lastly: books I want to read or reread: Hidden Art, by Edith Schaeffer. I need a new copy - my thrift store copy is falling apart. Loving the Little Years: Motherhood in the Trenches by Rachel Jankovic (great book - I should do a review of it sometime!), Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon, and The Bridesmaid by Beverly Lewis (she sucked me into a series again! Gah!). (Please note: links are through my Amazon affilitate account.)

Playtime: my daughter is anxiously waiting for me to play with her. I just heard that a tea party has been set up! So...off to sip pretend tea and eat plastic food! :D Have a lovely fall day!

2 comments:

randi--i have to say said...

I vote for getting the decorations out, even if it's just for a little while. It's good to celebrate the seasons!

Charity said...

Heehee! I've had my fall decor out for over a month! :) Oh, and I got to read "The Bridesmaid" recently... I really enjoyed it!!! ;)