Friday, November 10, 2006

~Miscellany~

~I have decided to open up the comments to everyone. My comment policy is: keep it nice! If you disagree with something I say, that's fine. But please, no snarky comments. I will delete rude comments. Also, please leave your name if you don't have a blogger identity. It is nice to associate a name with your comments!

~Our floors are finished! We've spent the last two nights at a so-so motel, so that our floors could dry. Hopefully the smell from the varnish will have abated quite a bit by tonight, and we'll be able to sleep in our own bed again! We won't be able to move the furniture back into the living room for a few more days. I just *love* having my couch in the kitchen. (A bit of sarcasm there!)

~I have a new knitting project. I'm still trying to get it started, and trying to figure out if I've bitten off more than I can handle. I'll post pictures soon. I bought the project with some of my birthday money.

~Christmas is just around the corner, or so every store would like you to believe! The difference at Meijer from October 28 to November 4 was amazing! Halloween merchandise was gone, and in its place everything Christmas.

~Speaking of Christmas, do you know what you want for Christmas? I have posted before about my Froogle list. I'll repeat it again: I'm not greedy. I'm really not! *Grin* When I found out about the Froogle wish list, I thought it would be a great way for me to give ideas to my family. Each year before Christmas, I have family members asking me what I want for Christmas. "I don't know", "I'm not hard to please", and "Whatever" do not work for my family! (I wonder why???) So I'd think and think and think and then tell them an idea. It would be too expensive, not expensive enough, not to their liking, etc. So this year they have a list. They can look at it and get ideas from it. Good idea, hmm? What do I have on my list? You can see it here.

~Have a great weekend!

13 comments:

Jodi said...

Love the metronome -- how cool is that technology! Looks like you're going to be doing some knitting by candlelight and then gardening in the spring. :oD All things I like :o) - Fun!

Anonymous said...

I love the Froogle gift list idea! I like that you're not limited to a particular store (as in Amazon wish lists), and people could look over your list online and pick up some items, like the teas, at their everyday brick-and-mortar stores.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so glad about the comments being open now... I have wanted to comment in the past without taking the time to figure out getting another account set up!! :)

Anonymous said...

Oooo I like your Froogal list. What a cool idea ... me thinks I need to make one for DH and email it to him at work. LOL :D

Tammy said...

Hey Erin, great idea!!! =)

Tammy, I'm glad you can comment now!

Meredith, you are right! One thing I hope my family realizes is that many of the items are just ideas, it doesn't have to be the exact item.

Jodi, isn't that metronome so cool?? The flute instructor told us we need a metronome and a tuner. This more than covers both those items!

Anonymous said...

The Froogle list is a great idea. I want most of your list myself! I love the Lorna's Laces Shepherd sock. I'm knitting a pair of socks with it right now. It's such wonderful yarn.

Anonymous said...

that's a good metronome. It also has metered ticking - with the strong beat on 1, and it'll do dotted eighth-sixteenth rhythms too. (Like the rhythm of Battle Hymn of the Republic)

I tried to make a Froogle list but it wouldn't add anything to it! I'll have to try again later.

Sean Carter said...

Hey the list looks exciting!!You could just peep into my Holiday Blog just in case you need so cool and innovative ideas...

FrequentReader said...

Hey Tammy, I was thinking about you today. I saw a book at Barnes and Noble I was drooling over called "Knit for Peace" with all kinds of charity knitting projects in it. I wish my knitting was better than what it is. As it is I need to get a scarf done in a month for my pastor for Christmas.

Anonymous said...

The froogle list is a neat idea!

Anonymous said...

I admit, I'm ready for all the christmas stuff...even thought of putting my tree up today!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the Froogle list - it is a really great idea and helpful to family members. I had not seen it before, but both my husband and I keep a running Amazon wishlist, but there are things I like that are not on Amazon. This would be so helpful if my family members would use it. I think I will make the suggestion at Thanksgiving dinner!

Mishel said...

It was fun reading your wish list. Everything you listed says "Tammy" all over it! : )

We went to Lowes and Home Depot on Friday and both stores had large Christmas displays. Normally I would feel like Thanksgiving was being slighted, but this year I just *feel* ready for Christmas.