Wednesday, November 29, 2006

~Sigh~

That's a contented sigh and a sad sigh all at once! My sister is off to California now. We had a wonderful time together! Just absolutely wonderful! I feel sorry for people who don't have sisters. My brother is so lucky, he has eight sisters! ;-)

Let's see, to sum up her visit...
talking
late nights
talking
coffee
talking
more coffee
talking
shopping
talking
bookstore browsing
talking
cooking

oh yeah, and talking!

Maybe a word of encouragement to mothers of children who fight and argue all the time? Holly and I argued up a storm all through our childhood. But then somewhere along the way, we became fast friends.

*Sigh* Having a sister as a friend is one of the best things in the world!

7 comments:

Kelli said...

What a heartwarming post! It sounds like you both had so much fun together! It took me a week to recover after my sister left. I was so sad! I kept telling her there are several houses on my street for sale. ;0)
Thank you for the encouragment about the fighting sisters too...I needed to hear that this week!
Kelli

Sarah Joy said...

Concurring! When I hang out with my sister (or my mother, for that matter) for a while, we will finish each other's sentences for each other. Or say the exact same thing out of the blue, because we were both thinking the same thing. It's kinda scary. But fun.

Anonymous said...

Pictures?! That would be fun~

I always wanted a sister, but it was just me and my brother. ;)

Jenn

Anonymous said...

I love to hang out with my sister -- Abigail and I are actually going to visit her a couple days next week to do some Christmas baking. I can't wait!

PS - Glad your back. I missed reading your posts.

Anonymous said...

So glad you had such a wonderful time visiting! I agree -- sisters are great! :o)

Martha C said...

I am in 100% agreement with you!

Anonymous said...

Your comment about arguing & then somehow becoming fast friends with your sister is so true. It was the case with me & mine.

Just this weekend I was talking with my best friend & she was talking about her 2 young daughters alternating between fighting & loving on each other - I told her it will be that way for the next 18 years. :)