Wednesday, February 15, 2006

"Secret" Cheesecake recipe

At my wedding shower, the ladies went around the room and gave me advice. The first lady felt put on the spot, and all she said was "cook for him". Afterwards, she came up to me and said that she felt bad that that was all she said--and she gave me her family's secret cheescake recipe.

This recipe was a carefully guarded secret. Mainly, I think, because she enjoyed being the only one to appear at church potlucks with her specialty cheesecakes!

I made this cheesecake for dessert last night, and flavored it with raspberry extract. It turned out so good! As you can tell from the picture, we had already enjoyed it!


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Best-ever Cheesecake~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

You will need a graham cracker crust.

Preheat oven to 350*.

Mix together:
8 oz. cream cheese
1 egg
3/8 cup sugar
1-3 Tablespoons flavoring (jam, berries, chocolate, extracts (I used 2 teaspoons of raspberry extract--turned out delicious!--and added a little food coloring to make it look like raspberries)

Pour into crust, bake for 30 minutes. Cool for 15-30 minutes.

Then, mix together:
8 oz. sour cream
2 Tablespoons sugar
same amount of flavoring used in the 1st layer
(optional) drizle jam on top for design

Bake for another 8-9 minutes in 350* oven.

Cool, refrigerate, ENJOY!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

not so secret anymore. =) I'll have to try it sometime...when I get some time.

Erin Bassett said...

Yum! This sounds really good!! I'm printing it off right now!

Nikki said...

Ohh I can't wait to try this!! YUM!!!!!