Thursday, August 10, 2006

~Fun Thrift Store Find~

I do not like to go to thrift stores. I don't really like shopping anyhow, and then add a whole lot of smelly clothes and miscellaneous junk, and I really don't like shopping!

However, tonight I was out running a few errands, and I was close to a thrift store and decided to stop in.

I found this:


A brand new scrapbook! Instead of pages with plastic sleeves, it has nice quality paper. As soon as I saw it, I knew what I wanted to do with it! I've been taking pictures of my garden all summer long, and now I'll have a place to put them, along with notes.

Oh, it cost $1.99! Pretty good deal!

9 comments:

Kelli said...

I love Susan Branch's books! Her drawings are so pretty. $1.99 is a great deal!
Kelli

Susan said...

I love her books too! So pretty - you'll enjoy it!

Roberta said...

"and then add a whole lot of smelly clothes and miscellaneous junk, and I really don't like shopping!"

LOL! That's part of the fun of it! I do keep my hand cleanser or baby wipes in the car though and use it after going to thrift stores...well any store.

Joyce's Ramblings said...

The joy of finding something at a price you can't believe makes the shop worth the look. Sometimes it is just the right thing to fill a spot.

deb said...

I LOVE your scrapbook!!! What a find! I have a Susan Branch gardening greeting card that has a lot of those same gardening items on it, front and back, that are on your scrapbook. I can't bring myself to send it to anyone. I've kept it in my stationary drawer, and I see it and drool over the neatness of it every time I open that drawer. :)

Arlene said...

I am the same way about thrift shops, Tammy. Every once in a while I'll venture in, but most times I'm inclined to just skip them. Japanese recycle shops have really spoiled me, as they are so neat, organized, and pretty smelling!

Amy said...

Oooh, just gorgeous! I won't go in yucky thrift stores, but the one I visit regularly is more like a big department store. I always wash my hands afterward none-the-less....

Kim said...

I'm with you on the stinkiness of thrift stores, but sometimes it's worth the suffering, eh?

Christine said...

How pretty, Tammy! You really found a little treasure.