Monday, May 28, 2007

~Red~

Today has had a lot of red in it!

As I was preparing my flower bed, I looked up and noticed that my tea and the hummingbird nectar were about the same shade. I have decided to feed my hummingbirds the healthy way this year, and the nectar is all natural, colored with hibiscus flowers. My tea also has hibiscus in it!



I planted my red impatiens, which match the red begonia hanging baskets.



And our front and back doors are getting painted a lovely shade of red.

4 comments:

Jodi said...

Oh, I love a red front door; there is just something so cheerful and welcoming about them! :o)

Great job on your flowers today; looks like you spent Memorial Day exactly the way you planned! :o)

Heather K said...

I love red! Your doors will look SO nice against your neutral house colour...

theups said...

My dream home is a 100 year old white wood farmhouse with a red front door. Enjoy that door for me!!! :)

Would you share about using hibiscus to color your hummingbird nectar??? How did you do that?

His,
Mrs. U

Anonymous said...

Tammy ~ I absolutely love red. My front door is red, and I decorate with red/white/blue stars and usually pick flowers that are red, too - geraniums, begonias, etc. I love the brightness. I'd be interested in knowing about the hibiscus nectar, too. Thanks!