Saturday, May 26, 2007

~Stuff~


When I did my shopping last week, I bought a hummingbird feeder. I filled it and hung it outside. The next day when we came home from work, I noticed that the feeder was empty. I didn't suspect that we had had a swarm of hummingbirds around the feeder all day long! The feeder had dripped nectar all over my front porch! Today I took it back to the store, and guess what? The lady in line next to me was returning the exact feeder as I, and she had the same problem too! Today I bought a different feeder, we'll see how this one fares!

I have Monday off from work, and I plan on doing a LOT of yard work! I hope the weather is nice for me! I can't wait to get all my plants in the ground. I also bought some seeds for my garden: carrots, scallions, spinach, green beans, snap peas, and radishes. I want to have a greater variety of produce than last year. Off and on we see a rabbit in our back yard, so I hope that these doesn't attract him!

We saw a goldfinch in our front yard, perched and singing away. Oh, I just love goldfinches! While I was shopping this week, I saw a goldfinch feeder that is made for goldfinches only: the perches are such that they have to feed upside down. I want to get this and see if it really will be for goldfinches only!

Thanks for reading, and have a happy Saturday!

3 comments:

Paula said...

I purchased a hummingbird feeder last year that did the exact same thing! I was so frustrated. :(

When my hubby and I took our anniversary trip, he bought me a nice hummingbird feeder at a bird store. I plan on filling it up this weekend. Hopefully the extra $$ spend will be worth it.

Kristi said...

The feeders sound nice. I love to watch birds. We had a house for bluebirds only. And let me tell ya, we had a SLEW of bluebirds. We had other birds too, but the bluebirds were unreal for several years....until the house fell apart. LOL I hope you get many goldfinches this year.

~Kristi

Heather K said...

HI Tammy
we put up a bird feeder for seed this spring... it's very busy!! we have to fill every day or two! We are getting goldfinches as well! they're so pretty!! I found a feeder for goldfinches at Walmart---it's a mesh bag full of thistle seed. They land on the bag and pull the seeds through the mesh... they love itand it's really great to watch them.

how's the afghan coming along? You've inspired me. I picked up wool and the fixin's needed for a project. I'm crocheting a poncho for my daughter--it's pink, yellow, green, and purple... colourful!! She's so excited about it and can hardly wait to wear it... she's 9.