Wednesday, October 05, 2011

~Green Tea~

I recently read in a magazine that people who drink 8-10 cups of green tea daily get 30% fewer colds and flu than those who do not drink green tea.

So I'm supposed to chug down 10 cups of green tea day in and day out and I still have a 70% chance* of catching someone else's cold?

I want to take something with a better rate of return!

*Maybe someone who has a better handle on statistics could tell me the percentage of chance someone with 30% less chance of catching something would have? Statistic math confuses me. :)

6 comments:

Joyce's Ramblings said...

With drinking all that liquid, all I can think of is that old line "Better to belch the belch than squelch the belch and bear the pain"

Susan said...

I'm sorry! My previous comment was sarcastic and grumpy, so I deleted it. I have no clue about statistics, so I'm no help there.

emerrube said...

no help here on statistics either. the only thing I know is that people figure out how to manipulate it so that it benefits whatever they are trying to say. :)

Tammy said...

LOL Joyce, I've never heard that before.

Susan, it's ok. :)

Rebecca, I totally agree! LOL

Heather said...

But I also read if you drink 3 cups of green tea a day, you burn an extra 80 calories:)

Tammy said...

Well then, sign me up. ;)