Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Knitting with toothpicks

Ok, so I'm not really knitting with toothpicks. But it sure feels like it! Size 1 knitting needles are tiny!

I am *attempting* to make the ever-popular Jaywalker sock. I have "only" started it five different times, trying to get the guage and/or pattern right. It is NOT a hard pattern for me, so I don't know why I'm having such a hard time with it!

I was going to post a picture, however, Blogger won't let me post pictures right now. (Let's just add to my frustration!)

So anyhow, it's far enough along now that I can try it on. It's terrible to get on and off, it's so tight. So I'm going to frog it.

Do what?
In the knitting world, however, frogs say "rip it, rip it." And that's the reason knitters use the term "frogging" as they merrily unravel their hours worth of knitting.
(This quote from knitty.com.)

A frogging I go...I don't know that I'll be so "merrily" unravelling my knitting though. I have a feeling in my bones that I shall not have a March submission for the sock knit along that I'm a part of. Oh well...

The sock yarn I got is just beautiful, and the striping pattern is so subtle. I love the yarn! I know that I will love these socks. My plan is to frog them, and start over with bigger needles. I'm still so inexperienced with knitting needles/guages. My little sister does not get all my socks! I'm going to MAKE these socks fit me!

No comments: