Saturday, March 18, 2006

Today's Project

Today I decided it was high time to tackle our basement. We've never had so much storage space, and we've greatly neglected (and abused) the basement. "Oh this should go down to the basement" and down we go and throw it anywhere convenient.

We have a little storage room off the main part of the basement, and it has been used to store...nothing. So I attacked that first.

Here's an "after" shot:



See my geraniums? They have survived the winter! I'm so happy about that!

Kevin helped me a bit with some of the other parts of the basement, and it's looking much better. I didn't have time to do anything else other than the storage room today. I'm planning on working on it in the evenings. Kevin put in these wonderful fluorescent lights so that we can actually see in the basement, and it's amazing how much dirtier the floor looks with those new lights!

4 comments:

Susan said...

It looks great, Tammy! I had some geraniums last fall, but I didn't bring them inside. Any chance they might come back this spring?! LOL

Tammy said...

Susan, I'm no pro at gardening! :-)

I didn't even know that geraniums were not a perennial until we moved here. In the area of California that I grew up in, geraniums were almost like big bushes, since they came back every spring. But here, they would die if not brought in. I heard how you have to put them in your basement if you want them to grow the next year, so I called a nursery and got definite instructions for keeping them. Basically, they need a little light, water once a month, and when it gets warm, take them out in the day/bring them in at night.

If your climate was warm enough they just might come back for you!

Anonymous said...

that is great that you could get things organized down there! I bet it is a lot better.

Kelli said...

Sounds like it was a big job, it looks great now!!! I'll bet your geraniumns will be beautiful in the spring!
Kelli