Thursday, October 11, 2007

~Laundry~

Acme Delux Iron by Chariklia Zarris
Acme Delux Iron


For some reason, I seem to "forget" that I have laundry to do. I guess having the laundry facilities in the basement is conducive to my memory loss. Hmmm...

Today has been spent catching up on laundry. I also decided that with the cold snap we've had it was a good time to haul up all my seasonal clothes and switch out my closet. Do you store your clothes by season? Or do you keep everything out all year? If I had the space, I would leave my seasonal clothes out (in another closet, or separated from the current season's clothing). But I do not have space, so I store the opposite season's clothing in the basement.

I have way, way more winter clothes than I do summer clothes. Now I know why there were so many extra hangers in my sewing room this summer. LOL

So besides the normal laundry and resulting ironing, I've been ironing winter clothes. Ahhhh....I'm tired!

6 comments:

Sadie said...

Your post made me giggle out loud because I always seem to "forget" to do laundry and then have to play catch up. I'm starting the seasonal swap out this weekend too, now that the weather has cooled.

Heather said...

I guess the cooler weather has everyone thinking about warmer clothing. Today my husband was asking for his fleece bathrobe, which is packed away in the basement with the fall/winter clothes. Tomorrow the laundry begins! I always have to wash clothes before wearing after I unpack them, even though they were washed before I packed them away. But I cannot wait to pull out my sweaters again!

Jennwith4 said...

Hmmm...nope not fun. I don't envy you today!
I keep everything together. Weather here fluctuates too much to have to pull out and separate stuff.

Jenn said...

I store seasonally. Everyone has one tub of fall/winter and one tub of spring/summer and that's it. Coats hats/mittens are stored seperately and shoes are all together.

Early fall though, I start to dig out the cold weather clothing. I don't have a ton of clothes anyway, but some days it's freezing here, and some are still quite warm. This week it's been freezing, rainy and gray all week.... :P

Anonymous said...

I live in Louisiana, where the seasons seem to run together anyway (I can remember many a Christmas dinner eaten in short sleeves!), but I still store clothes seasonally. Because our summers are so extreme here, we put away all hats, coats, gloves, sweaters, and jeans around the first of April, and pull out the shorts, swimming suits, and flip flops.

However, changing over to fall/winter is a different thing. Around here, you may still need those capris in November, so we pack up the most extreme summer stuff, and leave the tees and lighter clothes for light layers throughout the fall. We don't get a true winter until January, and then it's over around the middle of March, so we only use heavy coats, gloves, hats, and boots for about six weeks each year. I keep them in an upstairs closet so they're out of the way, but still within reach for that unexpected cold snap.

Amy ~ (Life's Small Treasures) said...

I don't have a huge wardrobe by any means so I keep my things in my closet, but for my kids I do switch them out and store them till the next season if I didn't I have a couple kids that would try to leave the house in the dead of winter in short sleeves and light cotton skirts ;)

I am enjoying this cooler weather, and for some reason it has motivated me to work more and get things accomplished.

Have a great weekend
~Amy