Tuesday, October 02, 2007

~Monkeying around~


Last night with the beginning of Socktoberfest, I cast on for a pair of Monkey socks. I've seen these socks all over blogland, and I even bought this yarn with the intention of making this pattern with it. So far, so good. I detest swatching, so usually my "swatch" is casting on and seeing how things go. It looks like it is making gauge just fine. No frogging...at least yet!

This yarn is intriguing to me. It is brown, but it has silvery undertones. I can't wait to see them finished!

My goal for the month of October is to make two pairs of socks! We shall see!

5 comments:

Jennwith4 said...

Can't wait to see them finished!

Heather said...

I love the brown yarn - so perfect for fall! (May I ask what kind it is?) The monkey sock pattern is one of my favorite patterns ever, and seems to work well with both solid and colored yarns. I am currently working on a pair with a couple of alterations to the pattern, like a picot edge and no purl stitches. Love em!

Emma said...

It looks like lovely yarn. And the Monkey pattern is so fun and fast to do!

Theresa's Notes said...

the thing I love about your blog is, seeing the really neat things you can make. Did I see 4 knitting needles? That's so neat.

Anonymous said...

Tammy ~ I need you here in Virginia to teach me to knit socks! I've bought the four/five needles in a pack but never took a sock class to know how to use them!

I love the monkey pattern, and I know yours will turn out great!