Saturday, March 15, 2008

~Can it be? A post without mention of weather?~

I've been reading the sequel to Daddy-Long-Legs by Jean Webster. Dear Enemy is the delightful story of Sallie, Judy's friend, who goes to superintend the orphanage that Judy grew up in. It is full of words like "heretofore, herewith, respectfully, etc." A very fun read! I have read it once before, but it has been quite awhile. While I've read Daddy-Long-Legs several times over, I haven't followed it each time with Dear Enemy. But really, I should have! I won't give away any details, so it is hard to talk about it! If you've read Daddy-Long-Legs, I urge you to read Dear Enemy!

1 comment:

Dianna said...

I love those books! I just discovered Dear Enemy recently, but I have read Daddy Long Legs way too many times.

I saw the movie after I had my wisdom teeth out. I don't remember it. ;)