Sunday, July 19, 2009

~Ducklings~

There is a very soft place in my heart for ducks. I *heart* ducks!

We saw this mama duck with her half-grown ducklings:



And while we were watching these, a man walked by and said that there was a mama duck with teeny ducklings on the other side of the pond. So of course we had to go check them out.

It was harder to get a picture because the mama took off with her babies.


Ducks are just so adorable. Full of personality. And fun to play with, if they are pets, that is. My sisters and I had ducklings for pets once upon a time. I named one Tammy (of course, a very natural name for a duckling!) and then later, I had to change his name to Tommy. Ah, what fun we had with our ducklings!

2 comments:

Charity said...

Very cute picture!! Someday you need to read the book "Make Way for Ducklings" by Robert McCloskey. That's what your pictures remind me of. :)

Tammy said...

Charity, I actually have that book! I picked it up at a yard sale a month or so ago!