Tuesday, July 28, 2009

~Tuesday~

I don't know what it is, but I just don't like starting dinner in the crockpot. Mind you, I sure like having dinner ready 6-8 hours later! Last night I soaked beans, so I pretty much had to get my meal started this morning. I made White Chili in the Crock. Yummy. I've made this recipe many times, except I have always used canned beans and cooked it on the stove. So much cheaper using dried beans, and just as tasty! I used chicken, not turkey, which is usually how I make it.

One nice thing about throwing dinner in the crockpot is that you can go away and not worry about being home in time to cook dinner. I went to the mall, where I scored a great deal on an outfit at Christopher and Banks. The saleslady helped me a few weeks ago, and today she actually put together an outfit for me to try. I wasn't sure about it, but I tried it on and what do you know? It fit me and looks nice! I sure hope she's there next time I'm shopping!



Tonight I took time and weeded my flower beds. Such a lot of weeds! Why, oh why did Eve have to eat that fruit???

Here is the side flower bed:


I have a miniature bleeding heart, and it is doing really well this year:


Regular bleeding hearts only bloom at the beginning of spring, but this plant blooms from spring to fall. It didn't do very well last year, but this year has been cooler and I've given it more water.

All in all, I had a great Tuesday! I hope you did too! :-)

No comments: