Monday, July 20, 2009

~Just in the Nick of Time!~

Just in time for cold weather, and curling up under a cozy blanket with a good book:


These socks are actually a project I started last September. I promptly finished one sock and somehow the other one never got started. (Talk about major SSS!)



So last night I picked up my needles and knit the other sock. I estimate that each sock took approximately 2 hours.

Pattern: Socks 101 from Knitalong by Larissa Brown
Yarn: Marr Haven Organic Mule Spun Worsted
Needles: Size 10 DPN's

Anything is fast when you're knitting on size 10 needles! When I went to buy the needles (which I had a hard time finding! Most projects don't require size 10 DPN's) the lady at the knitting store asked me what I was making.

"A pair of socks"
"I’ve never seen a sock pattern that called for size 10 needles."
"Yes, it is in a book called Knitalong."
"I’ve never seen a sock pattern that called for size 10 needles."

LOL Thankfully she let me buy the needles even though I'm sure she doubted that I needed size 10 needles.

3 comments:

Charity said...

Oh, those look cozy!! It sounds like a fun little pattern too. :)

~~Deby said...

Great color....knitting is way beyong my abilities, I am in awe of those of you who do it so well
Great job
deby

Mrs.Vicki said...

LOL!! Next time you'll have to take the pattern and your socks and show her. Sometimes my yarn store owner questions my sanity about what I'm doing too.