Tuesday, July 20, 2010

~Almost Free is Nice Too~

On Sunday, I was given a $10 coupon for Kohl's. It was a gift card that Kohl's had sent this person that could be used for anything in the store, and since she didn't want to go to Kohl's she gave it to me.

My first thought was shoes for my daughter, since her feet are growing so fast and her Sunday shoes don't fit her any more. But for some reason, Kohl's doesn't have a good selection of toddler shoes. They had the soft-soled baby shoes, and then plenty of children's shoes, but nothing in between.

So I still had this $10 gift card and of course I wasn't going to let it go to waste, so what to buy? I didn't feel like going through the whole rigamarole of trying on clothes for myself (even though I desperately need clothes!) and my daughter doesn't need clothes right now.

And then I thought about Fiestaware! I headed over to the home section and it was on sale (is Fiestaware ever not on sale? There is no reason to ever spend full price on it!). My final price for this "gusto bowl"? A grand total of $.53! The full price is $15 and it was 30% off! I'll have to take some pictures of my Fiestaware, I got gift cards for Christmas and now I have 8 place settings, plus a few serving pieces and we've been using the Fiestaware as our everyday dishes since then.



I love getting deals like this!

1 comment:

Susan said...

I was at Kohl's yesterday too and saw the Fiestaware. But I don't have any so I didn't go check it out. I may have to soon, though, because I love those bright colors!

Great deal for you!