Saturday, February 25, 2006

Ribbed Socks!

I finished a pair of socks tonight! This pair is the third pair of socks that I have made. I started them before Christmas, and made great progress on the first one as we travelled, and finished it at my grandparent's house. After we got back, I was busier than normal, and so the second sock took a little longer to finish.

(Click on the picture for a closer look.)

I discovered that guage really is important after all. (As is using the weight of yarn that the pattern calls for!) I guess that was a major "duh" moment. Oh well, live and learn. The best thing is that all my work wasn't wasted! What started out as socks for myself ended up as socks for my youngest sister.

The pattern I used came out of this book:



The yarn is a washable wool blend, and was nice to work with. It was left over from a scarf that I made for Kevin.

Little sis, be looking in the mail for your socks!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Tammy! My socks are pretty! Thank you so much. They will be my "special socks"!!

lexa said...

Great socks! Glad Bethany likes them!

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

The socks look great. I'm sure your sister will love them...ok I just saw her comment (started this before I read your other comments)...glad they will be special to her :o)

Carolyn said...

Tammy did you use double pointed needles or circular ones with this pattern?

Tammy said...

Carolyn, I used a set of 5 double pointed needles. I know it's possible to knit socks with circular needles, but this book uses the DPNs.

Carolyn said...

DPN's scare me! :)

Tammy said...

Carolyn! Don't be scared of DPN's!!! They aren't as hard to use as I thought they would be! I've seen some of your knitting, I'm sure you would do just fine with them!