I finished a pair of socks tonight! This pair is the third pair of socks that I have made. I started them before Christmas, and made great progress on the first one as we travelled, and finished it at my grandparent's house. After we got back, I was busier than normal, and so the second sock took a little longer to finish.
(Click on the picture for a closer look.)
I discovered that guage really is important after all. (As is using the weight of yarn that the pattern calls for!) I guess that was a major "duh" moment. Oh well, live and learn. The best thing is that all my work wasn't wasted! What started out as socks for myself ended up as socks for my youngest sister.
The pattern I used came out of this book:
The yarn is a washable wool blend, and was nice to work with. It was left over from a scarf that I made for Kevin.
Little sis, be looking in the mail for your socks!
17 hours ago