Thursday, February 09, 2006

Speaking of Socks...

When I was little, my mom found a cartoon in the back of a magazine that she cut out and kept. She kept it for a good long time, and got a good laugh whenever she read it. It's still funny even if you can't see it. Just imagine:

A lady in her back yard with a big pile of socks on the ground. She's holding a lit match over the pile. Her neighbor is leaning over the fence.

"What are you doing?"

"Matching my socks!"

My mom joked often about "matching" the socks, but quite honestly, she wasn't too thrilled when she had to go out and buy new socks for everyone after the paper sack episode. And no, she wasn't the one who threw them away. One of us kids did that (unknowingly, of course!).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you know it's weird...I don't really have trouble with socks. I must've when I was younger though. I used to safety pin them together. =) I don't anymore.

Tammy said...

I don't have much trouble with socks either. I have lost a few at laundro mats, but since I do my laundry at home now, I haven't had any trouble.

Annecourager said...

I need that cartoon!!