Thursday, July 19, 2007

~Thanksgiving in July, Part 5~

This will be the last post on "Thanksgiving in July", but I am still seeking to thank the Lord for the little things, and big things, that He does for me on a daily basis. I wrote this post a few days ago, and haven't posted it because I do not want it to sound as if I'm bragging. I'm not...I'm thankful and in awe of all the Lord has done for me.

Psalm 121
I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.
My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth.
Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
The LORD is thy keeper: the LORD is thy shade upon thy right hand.
The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.
The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.
The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.


Last night I opened my Bible to read a short passage before going to bed. My eye caught Psalm 121, because I had written beside it that it was my great-grandpa's favorite passage.

I read the chapter, and found great comfort in the promises from the Lord. Later, and today, I was thinking back on this chapter, and the fact that it was my great-grandpa's favorite. But that's not all...I remember him telling me that it was his mother's favorite. A few days ago, when I was cleaning in my sewing room, I came across a birthday card in which my grandpa (my great-grandpa's son) had written Psalm 121:1 in. I find such comfort in knowing that for many generations, my family members have gone to the Word of God for their comfort and help.

Today, my heart is full of thankfulness for the godly heritage I have! I know that it is not something to take for granted.

Whether you have parents and grandparents who served the Lord, or not, just remember that a long line of godly Christians can start with you. Or, should you be blessed with a godly heritage, a long line of godly Christians can end with you, if you do not take care to share the gospel.

No comments: