Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Blogging about blogging

How many do you read regularly?
I have 57 blogs listed in my bloglines account. However, if I'm crunched for time, I narrow it down to about 10 of my favorites. Quite a few of those 57 do not regulary post anyhow.

How many are written by women? By men?
All are by women. I feel that my heart should be towards my husband, and I don't need to be reading other men's opinions, day to day life, feelings, etc. (Not to criticize anyone who reads blogs written by men--this is just something that I determined was best for myself.)

Are they all Christian? How about the same denomination?
The majority are Christians. Same denomination? I don't think so, but I think that most who are outside my denomination (Baptist) would line up with my beliefs. I have a few knitting and craft blogs that I like to read. However, I am picky about the blogs I read, and if there is profanity on the blog, it's immediately taken off my list.

What kinds of posts do you like the best?
Upbeat, cheerful posts. Posts that are encouraging in one way or another.

What kinds of posts are you most likely to comment on?
Funny posts, posts that spoke to my heart, posts that have great ideas in them.

What makes you add a blog to your favorites list/bloglines? Or conversely, what drives you away from a blog?
Blog content. I like to read about people's days but I also like to see projects they are working on, great ideas for homemaking, crafts, etc. I understand when someone has a bad day, but when a blog is consistently negative, it turns me away.

What’s your favorite kind of post to write?
Finished projects! YAY! (LOL)

What do you think is your biggest strength blogwise? Biggest weakness?
Biggest strength? I blog consistently. Biggest weakness? I tend to be too wordy!

What do you want to change, if anything, about the way you blog?
I want to make sure I point the way to my Savior. When I first started blogging, it was just for my family and a few Christian ladies I knew. Quite unexpectedly my blog readership has grown lately, and I want to make sure to share the Light of the World.

How many times a day do you say the word blog?
Probably not too many!

How many bloggers have you met in real life – not counting the ones you knew before they started blogging?
One--Tami. We met on another occasion though, not because we were bloggers! But she still counts!

HT to Mrs. Blythe, a blogging meme written by Blest With Sons.

8 comments:

Dawn said...

Good post, Tammy! Interesting read...
I appreciate your comments... and your stopping in...keeps me pluggin' away.

Cherish the Home said...

I love reading these! And I think your decision about not reading other men's blogs is a wise one.

I did this on my blog too! (o:

And just so ya know, yours is one I check daily and often several times a day.

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to clear up a answer that is on my site with this same questionnaire. You have a good point about not reading other men's blogs. I didn't want anyone to think anything about me reading the two men's sites that I read. I read our Sunday School teacher's site and a good friend of mine's husband's site only because they both put Bible based posts on their sites that are VERY good and helpful to me. I didn't want you to think anything bad of me because I read two men's sites. You are very wise to not read other men's sites though so you can keep your focus on your own husband...LOL Just wanted to clear it up on my end so you wouldn't think badly of me "wink-wink"

Tammy said...

(((Hugs))) to Sis. Julie! I stand in judgement of no one and I'm sorry if you felt you had to explain yourself! I already read your meme, and I didn't think badly of you at all!

Anonymous said...

D'you know I really thought I'd commented here! I must be blogging in my sleep. I loved reading your answers! :o)

BTW I copied this off Blest with Sons who authored the whole thing in answer to some questions someone had asked. I just thought it was a great idea.

Tami said...

Dear Tammy,

I just wanted to let you know that you can change one of your answers. I am really beginning to enjoy my time blogging and blog hopping, for that matter. And since you've met me, you can say YES, you've met a blogger face-to-face!

Love Ya,

Tami

Tammy said...

Tami! I did think about our meeting last September, but I had just started blogging, and I wasn't thinking of us ladies as bloggers! Thanks for the reminder!

Kim C. said...

Tammy,
I feel the same way about men's blogs. I do usually read the blogs of the married men in our church as a courtesy and a way to keep up on events within their families, but not strangers' blogs.
All my "online friends" are women.