Tuesday, June 13, 2006

So many comments, so little time!

Comments, comments, comments! On my blog, on my favorite blogs! What to do about comments? When I first started blogging, I spent a lot of time checking my blog, to see if there were any new comments on it. Nope, all five people who checked my blog today decided not to leave a comment...I'll check back in five seconds and see if the status has changed...no, not yet...ten seconds later..."Aha! Someone left a comment!" As you might imagine, that took up a great amount of time.

Then I learned that if you put your e-mail address in the settings of Blogger, that it will automatically send an e-mail for every comment. That is really nice! I don't have to go searching for my comments anymore (except when Blogger is being naughty, and doesn't send them to me right away). One very nice thing about having your comments e-mailed to you is that you don't miss any comments. I have had people make comments on posts that were several months old.

And then, there's the situation of comments on other people's blogs. I try to leave comments around the blogosphere, but I try not to ask questions in my comments. Because if I do, then I have to remember to go back to that post, look and see if my question has been answered. And sometimes, *gasp* that person doesn't answer my question right away! (Is that rude, or what? *Wink, wink* I mean, really...aren't they just sitting at their computer waiting for comments anyhow?)

I found this blog post regarding comments to be very true! HT to Mrs. Happy Housewife.

Image from imagescape.com

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there! Thanks for the link! And yes, I have been known to sit right on top of my computer waiting for comments... Even know - after a year of serious blogging - I still do it sometimes. There oughta be a support group!

Oh wait! I think there is! And we're both in it already! hee hee

Kristi said...

Thanks for the link, Tammy. I had to laugh while reading this post. I've only been blogging for a few months, but I spend so much time online checking my comments that I feel as though I've been blogging forever. Cute post. And I'll check out that link in a bit....I have comments to check right now.

;)
~Kristi

Denial Renae said...

I too check my comments a lot! I get so excited when someone leaves me one! I am new to this as well and sometimes I get disappointed when I don't see a comment. Then I have to remind myself that really no one knows my blog is out there. But oh well....it is still fun checking!

Anonymous said...

You are so funny!! I actually had the thing fixed to where comments go to my email a while back. It is a lot nicer. And with Yahoo I get a "pow" sound every time I get an email so with the volume up I can run to the computer to check and see who sent me an email. Sometimes I'm pleased to see it is someone who left me a comment on one of my posts. I have had it happen too that people left comments on older posts. It works well to go to my email in those cases especially. (ssshhh...don't tell anyone...but I find myself going to other people's blogs to check responses to comments I've made too...but don't tell anyone...I'd hate to get the reputation of being on the computer too much!!..LOL) Actually....it only takes me about five minutes to get through all the blogs I check right now. It takes a bit longer if I leave a comment on one or some of them.