Thursday, January 26, 2006

Cherry Butter

Kevin and I went to a funeral today, and left work a little too early. Along the way to our church is a fruit stand-type store. It is always closed when we go by--they aren't open on Sunday, and they close at 6 p.m. on weekdays.

Since we had the time, we stopped in. They have a lot of different things, including fresh fruit of the season, preserves, and baked goods. I spotted something I just *had* to have--cherry butter. I've had (and made) apple butter, but I've never had cherry butter.

It is so good! Oh, it's made without sugar too. It's sweetened with white grape juice. Yummmmmmy!

I do wish this store were open at least on Wednesday nights. I would love to stop in more frequently. It's a little too far out of our way to make a special trip for.

3 comments:

Susan said...

I've never even heard of cherry butter, but I LOVE the "life is a chair of bowlies" picture!!!! It's one of my favorites- I have a notepad that has that saying on it. My kids think I'm nuts, because they don't get it! LOL

Corene said...

Never would have thought of cherry butter.

Anonymous said...

Sounds delicious! Wouldn't it be great on a crumpet with tea!