Sunday, January 08, 2006

Knitting bloggers

Knitting bloggers are everywhere! I started searching for knit blogs shortly before Christmas, and found some that I find interesting to read. It is amazing how many knitting blogs are written. Knitting is quite "the thing" right now. I love to see what people are creating. Knitting is my new addiction. I haven't crocheted anything for a good long time. I thought about starting a crochet project, then I started thinking of all the knitting projects I want to make! Right now I'm working on another pair of socks. Socks are fun to make--really, they don't take that much time, and they can go anywhere. I knitted on my socks quite a bit while we were traveling to California this Christmas.

One thing that I recently came upon is the Clapotis. You can see one at knitty.com. I don't know if I'll make one or not, but they look intriguing. Today I looked at a blog that had a collection of blogger's pictures--there were probably 50 or more pictures of them. They are beautiful. I don't know if I'd actually wear one or not though. It is not a shawl, and it's not really a scarf--it's something in between.

I want to make myself a sweater, but I've yet to find a pattern I like. I'll have to go searching sometime!

1 comment:

Jeannie said...

These are like the ones Aunt Evelyn has made. She made me a bunch to bring to Niger to give as gifts. They are made with fuzzy yarn, aren't very wide, but just enough to wrap around the neck. It hasn't been cool enough to wear them.