Friday, June 15, 2007

~Tea Cozy~

Last November, Jodi posted about "window shopping" for tea products, and it further enhanced a desire I had to have a tea cozy.

My sisters and brother gave Kevin and me a beautiful tea set for our wedding. They purchased it at an antique store, and it includes: a teapot, a sugar and creamer, six teacups with saucers, a serving plate, and six plates that are a bit larger than the saucers.

I think the tea cozies here are just lovely. They seemed so expensive to me, especially since I can sew.

I purchased a pattern at JoAnn's when they were on sale, and thought about what fabric I would like to use. Remember the fabric I won from Sew, Mama, Sew!? One night I yawned and dragged myself out of the living room to get ready for bed. The next time Kevin saw me, I was sitting on the sewing room floor, with a huge smile on my face, cutting out fabric! LOL It dawned on me that the fabric just might work for a tea cozy!

And it did:



Won't you have a spot of tea with me?

15 comments:

Paula said...

The tea cozy you made looks adorable! I think you should make some of these to sell in your Etsy shop.:)

Dawn said...

I love it! Very cute cozy...

Joyce's Ramblings said...

Now that is a tea cosy!!!!!!! Something else for you to sew.

Heather said...

I love your tea cozy, and the fabric is perfect! I love the plaid/polka dot combo around the top.

You know,you could do good business on Etsy with those....

Jenn said...

That is very SWEET! And how nice it must be, knowing it came from your own hands!!

Jenn

Annecourager said...

You crafty girl. It looks lovely!

Chyrll said...

That is a sweet Tea Cozy. They still use them alot in the U.K.

Anonymous said...

How adorable! Good work.

Jodi said...

Oh, it turned out so cute, Tammy! I love the fabric you used! :o)

theups said...

Tammy!! This is SO pretty!! Did you make this without a pattern???

You should put some of those in you Etsy shop!!

His,
Mrs. U

atelierlemlem said...

Oh Tammy ,
It is WONDERFULL !
And I love your blog too!

Kristi said...

Tammy, the cozy is lovely. I'll have to look into making a few for mom since she collects tea pots. What a nice idea.

~Kristi

Laura said...

Oh I so need to do this expect for one small problem...no talent...lol. I just bought a new teapot that is HUGE so haven't been able to find a tea cozy to fit :(

Yours is so sweet.

Laura

Mishel said...

Wow! You did a great job--just as pretty, if not prettier than the ones on the website. Good job Tammy!! : )

Anonymous said...

OHHHHH !!!
WONDERFUL IDEA

THNAK YOU AGAIN TAMMY