Friday, June 22, 2007

~Linky, Linky~

Have you ever remembered a quote, yet had difficulty remembering who it was by, or you needed to know the exact quote? This site is a great tool! While I was there, I enjoyed reading through Benjamin Franklin’s quotes. Some were quotes I’ve not heard before.

I thought this was funny:
“A countryman between two lawyers is like a fish between two cats.”


and this is oh, so true:
“A slip of the foot you may soon recover, but a slip of the tongue you may never get over.”


Mrs. U is celebrating her blog’s first anniversary in style! She is having a give-away filled with all kinds of neat stuff! To enter, click here.

I’ve been enjoying some craft and knitting blogs for a while. I thought you might enjoy looking at them too. Please note that by linking to these blogs, I am not giving a blanket endorsement of everything they say!

Sew, Mama, Sew!
All This By Hand (I want to make this quilt top! It looks so fun and easy!)
i have to say
Posie Gets Cozy
Primrose Design

Do you have any other craft/sewing/knitting blogs that you enjoy?

If you’re interested in being frugal, here’s a blog with great ideas! Every Friday The Mother Load has links for free samples and free products. My mail carrier must love me. (LOL) The samples have been arriving regularly since I started reading this blog. I’ve gotten everything from tooth paste to cereal to laundry detergent. It’s nice to try out a new product without having to buy it! And if you have an Aldi store nearby, check out Amy's Aldi blog as well.

Have fun clicking! *Grin*

3 comments:

Heather said...

Thanks for the links, Tammy! I already read several the blogs, but All This By Hand was new to me. Thanks for the tip, and I agree with out about the quilt. (As if I needed another project idea.)

For crafty inspiration I also enjoy Heather Bailey (http://heatherbailey.typepad.com/), Anna Maria Horner (http://annamariahorner.blogspot.com/) and The Sparrow's Nest (http://www.thesparrowsnest.typepad.com/), and finally, for knitting inspiration and tutorials Eunny Jang is very talented (http://www.eunnyjang.com/knit/) but her site does occasionally have some profanity on it.

Thanks for the links! I hope you hve a great weekend and get some rest.

Cherish the Home said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better about things today! It is so amazing what a good night's sleep can cure. (o:

Thank you for the Aldi link. I can't wait to check it out. (o:

Blessings and Hugs,
~Mrs.B

Debi said...

Yowsa, the Disappearing 9 Patch block is awesome. Thanks for the link. The small sized incubator quilts made with the 4" squares on the Quilts & ATCs blog would also make great placemats. Hmm, and fabric ATCs too? Now I don't have an excuse not to join a certain ATC exchange group that I hadn't gotten around to joining already.

~Debi~