Tuesday, June 26, 2007

~Wheeeeee~

This evening while we were out on an errand, we passed a yard that had several bikes in it for sale. I've been wanting a bike for a little while, so I asked if we could stop on our way back home and look at the bikes.

This one immediately caught my attention:
(Sorry for the blurriness....it's too dark to get another picture!)


I ended up bringing it home with me! Now I have no excuse not to get out and get some exercise! But...after riding it 'round the block just once, my legs feel like jelly. Uh oh. Looks like I've got some work to do!

I just love the vintageness of it! (Is vintageness a word?) It is mostly all original, including the paint, seat, handles, etc. It brings back fond memories of my second bike, which was a blue Schwinn that my dad bought and fixed up for me. It also brings back fond memories of riding my bike up and down the street for seemingly hours, and not feeling any muscle pain afterwards. Ah, those were the days! LOL

10 comments:

Joyce's Ramblings said...

Tammy,
Boy it looks in good shape. I don't envy you though. If you haven't riden for awhile , the body will let you know. I wish I could have a bike like that but the last time I rode a bike I forgot to put my feet down after I put on the brake. The bike and I both went down. Of cource 3 grandkids were watching with their dad.

Jodi said...

Cute bike! What a wonderful find! Enjoy ... uh ... once you get past that jelly leg stage (something I, too, am familiar with!).

Anonymous said...

Vintage is good! My bike is newer but looks kind of vintage..even has a basket on the front for my water, garage door opener and cell phone in case I fall and can't get up.

oh. I found your blog via Mishel at My Season of Life.

theups said...

What a cute bicycle!! I LOVE it!!! Now you just need a cute little basket for the front!! :)

Mr. U and I have tossed the idea of bikes around but the only safe places to ride around here are SUPER hilly. Hills + Mrs. U on a bicycle = misery!! LOL!!

I can't wait to read about how it keeps going!

His,
Mrs. U

Anonymous said...

Very, very, cute!

~Kristi

Cherish the Home said...

Oh!--What a WONDERFUL bike! I just love the 'vintageness' of it! And the seat is so cute too. (o:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tammy,

What a neat bike! I really like retro bikes. Funny thing, when I was a kid I would not be caught dead in one of those "uncool" things, but now they are my favorite.

Happy Riding!

Trixie

Anonymous said...

Tammy,

The bike is beautiful. At least this time I do not have to refurbish the bike. :)

Love,
Dad

cherylharrell (Mrs Harrell) said...

That is a neat biek. I rode when I was a kid & teenager. But it's been so long I'd never be able to manuever one now lol...

Laura said...

I love it!! Now all need is a basket :)

Laura