Saturday, June 09, 2007

~Yardwork~

Today I accomplished quite a bit of work out in my yard!

I trimmed my lilacs back. It appears that they have never been trimmed before. I didn't really know what I was doing, but I had about 20 bushes to practice on! LOL Most of them turned out just fine. A few look like a shorn lamb. Poor things! I pruned the suckers away from the plants up on the hill, but I didn't feel like climbing up into the hill to get the tops; I'll get them better next spring!



I went to the nursery and got my tomato plants, and while I was there I got a few perennials. I got a shasta daisy, two carnations, and a dwarf bleeding heart that blooms all spring and summer. I'm hoping they take off! I planted them along with a few mums I have, some gerbera daisies, and an echinacea plant I got from my neighbor.




Next up: my vegetable garden! I think that will happen on Monday!

3 comments:

Joyce's Ramblings said...

Today I bought a Fushia hanging plant. It was so large with lots if buds besides the flowers on it.
It bent the hook that I hung it from. The store had all green house plants half off. I haven't seen so many beautiful flowers at such a price.
I have 5 tomato plants in tubs on my front porch so that is all of my non flowers.

Anonymous said...

What a pretty back yard. It looks like it stays nice and shady.

I've found lilacs to be pretty hardy. Your pruning will only help them. We have one at the corner of the house that is so old, it is like a tree.

Take Care,

Trixie

theups said...

LOVELY LOVELY LOVELY!!!!

I can't wait to see it all in bloom!!

And isn't it FUN learning all about gardening!!

His,
Mrs. U