Would you like to see what I've been up to all evening?
My sewing room closet looked like this:
No matter how artistically (ha!) I arranged it, whenever I needed something from that closet, it was usually at the bottom of a pile. A grand plan for disaster!
When I signed up for the spring organizing challenge hosted by Laura, I knew that I was going to have to do something with this closet, or nothing was going to change. I figured that a shelf or two would solve a few problems. I like to have my plans on paper before beginning, so this evening I played around on Word, and drew this up. Thankfully the architectural firm that I work at does not need me to do their drafting. ;-)
It's not to scale, but guess what? When all was measured, it was determined that everything would work out just like I envisioned!
Here's the closet with everything all cleared out:
And after my wonderfully magnificent husband gamely went to the hardware store with me, and came home and immediately installed two shelves, here is what we have:
You can see the holes with putty in them, and a closet in obvious need of painting. I painted one coat tonight, and expect to paint the second coat tomorrow night. The shelving that we bought is just that - it has a finished edge and finished sides. This was a relatively inexpensive project: I spent $38 and that included an African violet! (No, that wasn't an impulse purchase at all. LOL)
More updates later...
16 hours ago