Thursday, December 22, 2005

Sunny Side Up

My sister Holly told me to make this post "sunny side up". She said, "You were sick, but you didn't die!"

True.

"You didn't have to go to the hospital!"

True.

Tuesday and Wednesday I spent in bed and laying around the house, either at my grandparents or my parents house. I got sick! What a way to spend my Christmas vacation with my family! I wasn't dreadfully ill (as Holly sweetly pointed out! *grin*), but I certainly didn't feel well either. I guess I had the flu or something. I don't know. So far, nobody else has gotten it. I don't think it was food poisoning, because I ate the same meals everyone else was eating.

I was super glad to wake up this morning and not have a sick stomach! We were going to have lunch at my grandparents yesterday, but since I was sick, we ended up going there today.

We had a nice lunch with them, and then we watched some home videos. Kevin had never seen any of the videos from when I was younger.

Here's a "sunny side up"--the weather here is gorgeous!!! It's been in the 60's all week! There isn't any fog, and the mountains are very visible. This morning I picked a bowl of raspberries from my grandparent's raspberry bushes. I was surprised there were still berries out there! It has been unseasonably warm for this area, but I am glad, because it's a nice respite from the cold snowy weather of Michigan!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! This "Holly" person really has a good outlook on life! I wish I could be HER friend!

Jamie said...

Wow I am sorry you were sick! It really could have been worse..you could have had 8 healthy rarin to go kids and been sick. I hope you get to enjoy the rest of your time with family..and I hope they dont get sick from you!

And its beautiful here too! Its going to RAIN! I LOVE THE RAIN! WHOOOO HOOOO cocoa moments to the rescue!