Friday, March 17, 2006

To show you how distracted I can get...

I bought yarn a week ago to try to make socks out of, but I really don't know what I was thinking! It wouldn't have made nice socks at all. So it turned into this instead:



A flower-shaped washcloth!

It gave me a little trouble, but I think that if the pattern had been written a little better (or perhaps if I were a better knitter) it would have been easier.

I made it in the evenings, and mostly didn't pay too close attention to what I was doing, so one of the petals is too short and one is too long. But who cares, it's a washcloth! *Grin*

Speaking of flowers, I spotted some of my bulbs coming up! Hooray!!! Last fall, I used some of my birthday money from my grandparents to buy the bulbs. I think the ones coming up are hiacinths. I need to go out to the garage and find the wrappers they came in, to tell for sure what they are. It's just exciting to see GREEN coming up!!!

No comments: